The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a central government agency of India. It is authorised to collect biometric details and demographic data of all the residents of the country. UIDAI stores them in a centralised database and provides a 12-digit UID number to each and every resident. It is considered to be world’s largest national identification number.
|Get Aadhar in Orissa|
One who doesn’t have an Aadhar card in Orissa can apply for it either through nearby Unique Identification card enrollment centre or he/she can reserve an online appointment for their UID card at any nearby enrollment centre. However, you have to provide their mobile numbers to receive regular updates and in case if you need to change your Aadhar card details.
Apply Aadhar Card in Orissa:
In Orissa, you can get it through NPR (National Population Register), which is a local municipal body to issue Aadhar’s to the local people and then the details are forwarded to UIDAI to prevent duplication. The states which are NPR affiliated have slow Aadhar card application process as compared to UIDAI affiliated states.
Moreover, Aadhar projects have been linked with public subsidy i.e., Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) and other unemployment benefit schemes such as domestic LPG scheme, MGNREGS etc. In the DBT scheme, the government allows the direct transfer of subsidy money to the bank account linked to the Aadhar card.
You May Also Like : Apply Adhar , Adhar card for Children
Adding to the importance of Aadhar card, these days if you are applying for any university, job, internships, and scholarships, you are most likely to get rejected if you don’t have a UID card. One generally receives his/her Aadhar card, after 4-5 weeks of the verification process by NPR and UIDAI.
Step by Step Process of Getting Aadhar in Orissa:
- First of all, you need to visit the NPR website (ditnpr.nic.in) to determine whether you are eligible to apply for online Aadhar card or not.
- If you can apply online (saves your valuable time), you are just required to select an enrollment centre and book an appointment at a nearby enrollment centre for submitting your biometric details which include fingerprint scanning, iris scanning, and a photograph taken at that moment of time.
- In case if you are not eligible for the online process, you need not worry. There is also an offline process.
- For initiating the offline process, you have to visit any enrollment centre, according to your convenience, and fill the offline form over there.
- Finally, submit your documents along with a Proof of Identification and Proof of Age and Address. That’s it, your Aadhar application is ready to be processed.
Aadhar is unique and a vital number because it is issued only once in a lifetime to citizens of India. It may not be a Proof of Citizenship (PoC), but is an essential Proof of identity (PoI) and Proof of Address (PoA) to avail various government schemes.