UIDAI is an acronym for the Unique Identification Authority of India, which is a central government controlled agency. UIDAI is attached to the NITI Aayog (planning commission set before UID scheme) which was earlier popular as Planning Commission of India.
The main motive of UIDAI is to collect a repository of demographic details and biometric data of every resident of the country, as well as issuing a 12 digit Aadhar number and Aadhar slip to every individual.
|Aadhar Card in Meghalaya|
In Meghalaya, Aadhar card is easily accessible to the citizens through an operational official website of Unique Identification Authority of India UIDAI, which was formerly established by the government of India in 2013.
Application Process of E-Aadhar in Meghalaya
Nowadays, Aadhar card plays a vital role as the citizens’ Proof of Identity. The UIDAI portal is very user-friendly and makes the process of enrolling for an Aadhar card even easier for us. In fact searching for help in UIDAI GOV in Applications, Status, Duplication, and correction are a comfortable procedure.
In order to apply for an Aadhar card in Meghalaya, you need to go a nearby enrollment centre where you will receive an enrollment form. After filling all the required details appropriately, you will be called for the submission of your biometric data in which they will take your fingerprints, followed by iris scanning and taking a photograph.
Then you will receive an enrollment slip which will be needed when you’ll receive your printed UID card through Speed-Post. It is quite a long process of 60-90 days because all your details are verified by NPR (National Population Register), which is a local municipal body authorized to collect the demographic data of each and every citizen and forwarding them to UIDAI to prevent duplication.
You May Also Like: Duplicate Aadhar , Aadhar Status
Process of getting Aadhar Card in Meghalaya:
The NPR-affiliated states have slow Aadhar card application process as compared to UIDAI affiliated states. Here are a few simple steps to get your own Aadhar UIDAI in Meghalaya:
- Fetch an Aadhar enrollment centre close to your house, and book an appointment for the enrollment process.
- Fill the required details in the Aadhar enrollment form (Note: All details must be correct or else your application will not be processed).
- Submit a Proof of Identity (PoI) and a Proof of Address (PoA) to the concerned authority.
- Fulfil all the biometric requirements which may take 15-20 minutes.
- Collect your enrollment slip after following the above procedure.
- If all your detail are found to be correct after the verification process of NPR and UIDAI, you will receive your UID card through Speed-Post within a period of 3 to 5 weeks.
Keep checking your Aadhar status using UIDAI GOV website. You can login to the UIDAI Portal for any further details, queries and doubts. Share your experience in comments and ask any doubts if you have.
All the best for your Aadhar card enrollment process. Hope you found this article helpful enough to get yourself enrolled.